DfE PSHE Programme
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
March 05, 2018, 09:37:12 PM »
(Original material from Miss Holcombe on TES Website)
A thunk is a simple-looking question about everyday things that stops you in your tracks and helps you start to look at the world in a whole new light.
Perhaps get students to work on their own to begin with, or perhaps seat them in pairs. Maybe you would want to seat your form in small groups and give them a different question per group. You could even get them to feedback to the class. This may be a good way to mix the ability of the students in your form, or you may want to group them similarly. Maybe try boy/ girl only groups. Or try mixed. Hand select thunks for students, or get them to pick them out of a hat.
1) If you took all of the books out of a library, would it still be a library?
2) If you are on a plane from Australia to Scotland and you walk up and down the aisle the whole way, can you say you walked from Australia to Scotland?
3) Is abnormal normal?
4) Are you man made or natural?
5) What colour would a zebra be if you took away its stripes?
6) Does lined paper weigh more than plain paper?
7) Is it better to play well and lose, or play badly and win?
8 ) Is a broken car parked?
9) If no-one is there to look in a mirror, does it still reflect?
10) Do noses smell?
11) Is there such a thing as an evil person, or is it just the choices they make that are evil?
12) If a blonde person dyes their hair brunette, are they blonde or brunette?
13) Would you rather be remembered for all the wrong reasons, or completely forgotten?
14) If you get a loan to borrow £1,000,000 does that make you a millionaire?
15) Are there lies, or different degrees of truth?
16) If you stopped time, would you grow older while everyone else stays as they are?
17) If the plural of cow is cows, pig is pigs, why is sheep still sheep?
18) If a bathroom has no bath but does have a shower, is it still called a bathroom?
19) Where does the sea start and the beach end?
20) Where is halfway around the world?
21) Is not going fishing a hobby?
22) Is there more future or past?
23) Is black a colour?
24) If I switch the lights off, do the walls change colour?
25) Can you cast a shadow in a dark room?
26) Can you touch the wind?
27) Can you ever get near a rainbow?
28) Is there more happiness or sadness in the world?
29) Can you feel happy and sad at the same time?
30) If I read a magazine in a shop, is that stealing?
31) If I swap your pen for exactly the same one without telling you, is that stealing?
32) What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Please reply to a post with your ideas. Checkout our
Free PSHE Video Collections
Liven up your PSHE lessons with good quality presentations.
free BBC videos
for KS1,KS2,KS3,KS4, PSHE.
View immediately online.
SMF © 2017
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal
Simple Audio Video Embedder